What is Integrative Medicine?
nurturing mind, body & spirit
The Defining Principles of Integrative Medicine
- Patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process.
- All factors that influence health, wellness, and disease are taken into consideration, including mind, spirit, and community, as well as the body.
- Appropriate use of both conventional and alternative methods facilitates the body's innate healing response.
- Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive should be used whenever possible.
- Integrative medicine neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
- Good medicine is based in good science. It is inquiry-driven and open to new paradigms.
- Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount.
- Practitioners of integrative medicine should exemplify its principles and commit themselves to self-exploration and self-development.
Our mission is to make patients feel they are listened to and to help them find answers to their problems using a compassionate and wholistic approach.
Located in: Gettysburg, PA 17325
We address the underlying causes of disease, using a systems-oriented approach and engaging both patient and practitioner in a therapeutic partnership. We care for the whole person using a mind, body spirit approach.